Dilip Kumar is an Indian film actor, producer, writer & activist. His first film which was released in 1944
Dilip Kumar turns 95 !
Here are 10 things you didn’t know about Dilip saab,
- 5 years is the longest gap between two Dilip Kumar movies. The two movies were ‘Bairaag’ (1976) and ‘Kranti’ (1971).
2) Dilip Kumar declined to co-star Saira Banu because ‘she was too young to be my leading lady’, whom eventually he ended up marrying. At the time of marriage, he was 44 and Saira Banu was 22.
3) Before entering film industry, Dilip Kumar used to sell fruits in Pune.
4) Dilip Kumar has been a Member of Parliament.
5) Dilip Kumar is Bollywood’s first superstar who hails from Pakistan.
6) It was on the recommendation of Ashok Kumar that Dilip Kumar got his first big break with Devika Rani’s Bombay Talkies in the 1940s.
7) During his superstardom days, Dilip Kumar’s signing amount ranged from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 11 lakh.
8) Before Yusuf Khan got the screen name Dilip Kumar, Uday Kumar and Vaaman Kumar were other screen names which were being considered.
9) Dilip Kumar married Asma, a Hyderabadi girl in 1980. However, his second marriage didn’t last long.
10) Dilip Kumar was the first person to win a Filmfare Best Actor Award.
we celebdhaba team wishing him a very happy birthday, May you live happy, healthy, wealthy life ahead ameen.