Arizona Grill the steak joint in Karachi has been sealed by the police after two kids lost their life due to food poisoning. Their mother is reported to be in critical condition and the kids who lost their life were reportedly aged 5 Muhammad and Ahmad who was 1 and a half years old, the incident happened on Sunday.

SSP of South District Pir Muahmmad Shah took the case and reported the family had dined out the previous night at Arizona Grill which is located in Zamzama and after that the kids had consumed Candy which they bought from Chunkey Monkey an amusement park located in Defence Housing Authority Phase 4. Later on the Arizona Grill’s Godown was also sealed on Tuesday when the police had recovered expired meat after a successful raid at the Godown.

Arizona Grill Sealed After Two Kids Lost Their Life From Food Poisioning 1

Abrar Shaikh the director for operations Sindh Food Authority had sealed the restaurant and godown as well, he reported that hundreds of Sherbets (squash) were recovered which had exceeded their expiry date and around 80kgs of meat was recovered expired.  Three year old meat was being served to people Abrar Shaikh said.

The kids who consumed the food reached home at 2am at night and they started vomiting at 6am in the morning later that day the kids were rushed to the hospital at 2:45am. AIG Amir said that food poisoning affects the body within 4 hours.

Police took the samples of blood, Urine and vomit of the children and sent the samples to Agha Khan Hospital for further testing.

Read More:  Winner list : 2nd annual International Pakistan Prestige Awards (IPPA)

Sindh Governor Imran Ismail and Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah took a notice of the incident and have directed the commissioner to try his best to save the mother’s life. Murad Ali Shah also asked the commissioner to submit reports about when these two facilities underwent inspection, with all the details clearly outlined.