Bitcoin decentralized digital currency, as the system works without a central bank or single administrator it has no coordination with World bank or any other Centralized Authority .Bitcoin is a Crypto currency and worldwide payment system its online currency which has make people crazy for getting high profit but a bad news for bitcoin lovers on head. Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has recommended the government of Pakistan to declare Bitcoin / digital currencies illegal in Pakistan. FIA made these recommendations — and several other amendments — to improve prevention of electronic crimes act (PECA)-2016.
FIA said that offences under PECA-2016 — other than cyber terrorism [Section.10], offence against modesty of natural person [Section.21] and child pornography [Section.22] — are non-cognizable, bailable and compoundable.
FIA Criminal Sections for Technology
It is worthwhile to mention here that the following serious offences which fall under PECA-2016 are non-cognizable i.e. Law Enforcement Agencies are authorized to initiate the investigation or arrest the accused without the prior permission of the Magistrate.
- Unauthorized Access /modification / deletion / interference to Critical Infrastructure Information Systems/ Data Section 6, 7, 8]
- Electronic Forgery [Section.13]
- Electronic Fraud [Section.14]
- Unauthorized Issuance of SIM [Section.17]
- Tampering of electronic equipment’s [Section. 18]
- Cyber Stalking [Section.24]
- Spoofing [Section.26]
Above Sections got from Propakistani.com.