Well this year the Oscars will also be going to go hostless, the news was announced by ABC entertainment President Karey Burke as she said “huge entertainment value, big musical numbers, big comedy and star power, We expect that we’re going to have a very commercial set of nominations, Burke told a TV critics meeting, and a number of elements have come together that convinced us we’ll have a very entertaining show.”
The nominations of the Oscars will be announced on Monday. The Oscars have started going hostless from last year as Kevin Hart was first elected for the host however he stepped down from the role as some of his homophobic tweets resurfaced the internet. In a video posted by Hart on his Instagram he said that the Academy Of Motion Pictures Arts Sciences gave him an ultimatum, the ultimatum was “apologize or “we’re going to have to move on and find another host.”
Kevin Hart said in the video “I chose to pass on the apology the reason why I passed is because I’ve addressed this several times.” Kevin Hart also tweeted “I’m sorry that I hurt people.. I am evolving and want to continue to do so. My goal is to bring people together not tear us apart. Much love & appreciation to the Academy. I hope we can meet again.”
Well last year’s Oscars had gained a lot of attraction and this time ABC entertainment will be televising the show on September 20.