Prime Minister Imran Khan said on Monday that the new visa policy announced by the government would become a new milestone for Pakistan in promoting tourism. Prime Minister Imran Khan held a meeting with the members of the National Assembly from Malakand Division on Monday the Prime Minister said the government was giving special attention to the promotion of tourism in Pakistan keeping in mind the existing potential of the countries natural resources.
The meeting was attended by Minister for Communication Murad Saeed, MNAs including Dr Haider Ali Khan, Saleem Rehman, Sahibzada Sibghatullah, Mehboob Shah, Muhammad Bashir Khan, Junaid Akbar and Sher Akbar Khan.
The new visa regime that has been proposed contains the following proposals
- Visa Will Be opening to the world
- 175 countries will have access to E-visa
- Visa on Arrival for 50 countries (first it was 24 countries)
- IATA approved Tour Operators will be allowed to bring tourists groups to Pakistan.
- Canadian and British passport holder Sikhs will be allowed to avail this facility.
- Business Visa from 68 countries to 96 countries (business documents would be needed)
- Work Visa, Pak Missions will issue visas on recommendations of BOI
- Family Visit, 5 years Multiple Entry Visa in 7-10 working days
- Pak Missions will be allowed to grant 5 years validity and one year stay Multiple entry visa to foreigners of Pak origin and their spouses
- Diplomatic Visa,Tenure of diplomatic/ official assignment
- Tablighi Visa, 45 days
- Missionary Visa, 01 years
- Student Visa, 02 years
- Free movement of foreigners in open cantonment
- Close cantonment will retain prohibited status
- Border Crossing will be open/non-restricted
- AJK and GB to be non-restricted
- Revisited list of restricted/prohibited areas
- VISA fees will be rationalized