PTA Will Block All Illegal and Unregistered Phones After 20th October 2018
PTA (Pakistan Telecomunication Authority) is in action. Millions of illegal mobile handsets are at the risk of being blocked by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) after October 20 as part of a massive drive against fake IMEIs throughout the country.
According to the PTA, illegal mobile handsets that don’t come with a valid IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number will be blocked after the expiry of the deadline.
In this regard, the telecom watchdog formally circulated an SMS recently, asking people to get their handsets verified and check if it possesses a valid IMEI number. Otherwise, it will be blocked after October 20.
It also directed users to check and match their IMEI numbers with data from PTA by sending an SMS on 8484.
The last date is 20 October 2018.
How to Check IMEI Number of Mobile Phone
- From Device packaging/box
- From Device (under battery)
- By dialing *#06# USSD command
Procedure to Verify IMEI
- Web Portal: http://dirbs.pta.gov.pk
- Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pk.gov.dirbs.dvspublic
- SMS: Send IMEI to 8484 short code (10 Paisas plus tax).